Saturday, March 19, 2016

This week

"Where've you been, Susie? Your brother was worried."

There's an 8 hour time difference between Jerusalem and East Texas, home to my brother, Andrew, and his family. They are early to bed and early to rise, leaving a narrow window for FaceTiming: 2-3pm Jerusalem time.

Not once was I home at that hour.

One day, I had study group. Twice I was at the pool.

Another afternoon I spent waiting for a routine test at Hadassah Hospital.





(Waiting - the universal language).








Another afternoon, I went bed shopping.  Friday afternoon, I visited a sick friend, then rushed to prepare for shabbat, which had been delayed by the Jerusalem Marathon.

So, not home.  Not in danger. Not ill. Just busy, which is good.

The most important thing I can share this week is by Farhana Rahman, an American Muslim, who describes the miracle that is Israel. Farhana, take it away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment