Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Company

A key part of my vision for my life in Jerusalem was company - family and friends coming to visit. That's why it was so important for me to find an apartment with a real second bedroom, not a tiny afterthought.

And this week, I had my first company.  My brother, Marc, and sister-in-law, Debbie, were in town for a convention, and I was delighted to see them here.


They didn't stay with me as they had already booked a hotel and I've not yet bought a bed for the guest bedroom. Nevertheless, it felt so haimisch to have them here.

Debbie came back the next day while Marc was in meetings. We sat and talked, looked at family pictures, and simply enjoyed the day, even as the sounds of drilling and repairs by handymen in the apartment swirled around us. 
We never had the leisure of these one-on-one visits, away from children and work, in Minneapolis or Milwaukee. But over 60 in Jerusalem - apparently this is the good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment